Family and Pet Friendly Accommodation Victoria
Ocean Blue Coastal Retreats Holiday Rentals - Booking Terms and Conditions
All bookings and tariffs are subject to change without notice. All bookings and deposits received are subject to the landlords’ approval and receipt of deposit monies. All tariffs are inclusive of a $66 booking and service fee.
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Payments received will confirm you have read and agreed to these terms and conditions and that you agree to the Mornington Peninsula Short Stay Rental Accommodation Local Law.
- Visa (a credit card fee applies)
- Mastercard (a credit card fee applies).
- American Express (a credit card fee applies)
*If paying by BPAY a credit card will be requested to be held as a security during your stay. Please note: If you add your credit card details online, a pre-authorisation amount of $1 will be automatically placed on your card to confirm the card is valid. This will automatically be released by your bank in 7-14 days.
A payment plan offers you the opportunity to make regular payments on your Booking. These payments are automated and taken at set intervals by our gateway provider.
- Payment plans are ONLY available for online bookings.
- Payment plans are ONLY available for credit card payments.
- A minimum of 3 payments are required and can be set to be
- An administration fee of $2.00 per transaction will apply.
- Cancellation insurance is NOT available for payment plan bookings.
- Payment Plans will only be offered to guests if it fits within the appropriate timeframe for your chosen payments.
- Credit card details can be edited on an existing Payment Plan. You can also replace the current payment method with a new credit card.
- Once created, a payment plan cannot be edited. You are not able to change the payment amount, a number of instalments, next payment date or billing cycle.
- Payment plans can be cancelled if required, however, please note that new payment plans can only be created when making a booking online. Should you cancel a payment plan on an existing Booking, you will not be able to re-instate or create a new plan for the same Booking.
- You can change the credit card or bank account attached to the plan by editing the credit card / direct debit authorisation on the Guests profile
Payment Plan -Declined Payments
- If the initial credit card payment is declined the booking will fail and the dates will NOT be reserved.
- If any of the following payments decline, you will receive an email notification.
- We will NOT attempt to re-take a declined payment. However, the remainder of the payment plan will proceed as normal. When the next payment is due, the Guests' credit card will be charged the next payment amount.
If you do not choose a payment plan then to confirm an accommodation booking, a deposit of 50% for the total accommodation or package is required. The booking will be confirmed via email on receipt of the deposit.
Full and final payment for the holiday booking is required 30 days prior to the commencement of the holiday. If the outstanding balance has not been received by the 30th day prior to the booking commencement date, Ocean Blue Coastal Retreats reserve the right to cancel the booking without notice and the guest will forfeit the deposit. Ocean Blue Coastal Retreats reserves the right to pre-authorise your credit card prior to your arrival.
You give us preauthorizathion to debit your credit card up to $1000.00 should we need to without notice to remedy any damages or repairs, replace missing household items, as a result of excess cleaning, the removal of garbage and debris from the property, to recover expenses as a result of excessive usage or as a result of breaches of the terms and conditions.
In the event of an account being in default and being referred to an external party for collection the customer shall be liable for all resulting costs arising from the recovery, including commission which would be payable if the account is paid in full and legal costs including demand costs.
All deposits and payments are not refundable. We are not required to provide a refund if you change your mind about the services you asked for.
Ocean Blue Coastal Retreats strongly recommends that you obtain travel insurance and will not be held responsible for costs, loss of deposits and payments made or other fees incurred due to cancellations resulting from but not limited to acts of terrorism, act of God, war, strikes, theft, delay, cancellation, civil disorder, disaster, Government regulations or changes in itinerary or schedule or from any occurrences or conditions beyond its control.
If you need to change your booking for any reason, given 30+ days notice you can, however, transfer your booking to new dates or transfer them to other nominated guests. (for Peak Season bookings, 60+ days notice is required).
Cancellations within 30 days (60 days for Peak Bookings) require full payment of accommodation and services booked.
If you have to cancel a booking we will attempt to resell the dates for you and if we are successful we will reimburse you your deposited funds less $110 cancellation fee.
ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE
We will notify you via SMS as soon as the property is available on your day of arrival. This will be sometime before 2 or 3 pm depending on the property.
PLEASE NOTE 23rd DECEMBER TO 28th JANUARY arrival time can be as late as 4 pm for all properties
Departure time is 10 am by the latest
UNAUTHORISED LATE CHECKOUTS WILL INCUR A FEE OF $75.00 PER HOUR
NO LATE CHECKOUTS ARE PERMITTED between 1st December to 31st January.
LATE CHECKOUT up to 12 noon is at the discretion of the management and must be prearranged the night before departure and is dependent on other guests arrival that day but if agreed will not incur a charge.
Late checkout after 12 noon is at the discretion of the management and must be prearranged the night before departure and if agreed will incur the following additional charges which will be applied to your credit card or be otherwise recoverable from you:
$75.00 per hour up after 12 noon and up to 2 pm
For checkouts after 2 pm, the property must be reserved from the previous night and therefore includes an additional nightly charge.
Conditions of use for accommodation
The Owners will make every effort to ensure the property is available as booked. However, the Owners reserve the right to make alterations to bookings due to unforeseen circumstances.
To maintain a good standard for our guests we require certain conditions to be complied with. We appreciate most will respect our property but the occasional abuse requires that we state the following conditions.
WIFI GENERAL USAGE
Free data is available for reasonable usage up to 5GB per day.
Please note - should the wifi not be available due to technical or service issues NO COMPENSATION will be given.
LOGS AND KINDLING
Where properties have log fires, a fire starter pack can be purchased for an additional fee, which includes logs, kindling, paper and fire starters. Logs can also be purchased from the local service station if required.
The property should be left in a similar state to its condition on arrival. In particular;
- dishes need to be washed, properly dried and stacked away or dishwasher emptied,
- BBQ Clean
- all rubbish removed from the property and placed into appropriate garbage bins provided. It may be a requirement to take rubbish bins out for collection if you are staying in the property on a collection day, check the collection day in the property compendium, failure to do so will incur $30 per bin fee which will be deducted from your bond.
- Pet Owners - please check gardens and pickup anything left by your pet.
- Pet owners - excessive cleaning of hair on furniture or bedding may also incur a cost.
- If any or all of these items are not attended to a minimum $75.00 or the additional cleaning time required to bring the property up to standard will be deducted from your credit card or be otherwise recoverable from you.
A mobile phone number must be provided and be contactable when occupying the residence 24/7 for security purposes.
NO SCHOOLIES BOOKINGS PERMITTED or bookings for groups under 28 years of age.
NUMBER OF GUESTS
Should not exceed the number stated on the Confirmation Notice or subsequently agreed in writing or email. Bookings will be made for the maximum number of guests you require to stay at the property at any time regardless of the number of days your additional guests choose to reside with you. We will not breakdown the cost of the bookings based on individual days for individual guests. NO DAY GUESTS ARE PERMITTED.
Guests are at no time permitted to erect swimming pools, inflatable play equipment, shade tents, camping equipment, park caravans or such like on the property which will constitute grounds for re-entry, eviction and forfeiture of security bond.
NOISE, PARTIES, BEHAVIOUR
Parties and Functions are strictly prohibited. The price charged is for domestic use only and not commercial. Accordingly, this rate does not allow for the extra wear associated with functions in terms of cleaning, garbage removal, wear and tear, repairs etc. Use contrary to this may result in loss of your bond and/or additional payments.
The accommodation is for registered guests only. Parties are not permitted under any circumstances and there is to be no noise audible between 10 pm to 8 am and no excessive noise at any other time. Evidence of parties/use as party venue the bond will be forfeited in full.
A $100 deduction will be charged with each security or caretaker callout. If after one warning for noise and behaviour property manager or its representatives has reasonable grounds to believe that the property is being damaged, at-risk or guests and visitors are in breach of the Terms and Conditions, the property manager has the right to inspect the property, vacate the property of guests and visitors and retain the security deposit.
DAMAGES, BREAKAGES, LOSS
Damages, breakages or loss to or from the property are the tenants' responsibility during their stay. Tenants shall be liable for all costs and expenses incurred as a result of such damage, breakages or loss. Without prejudice to any other remedies available, Owner shall be entitled to have recourse to the security bond to cover such costs and expenses and/or debit any credit card used to make the principal payment. In addition, a $50 - $150 maintenance will be charged for Ocean Blue Coastal Retreats.
KEYS - loss of keys/remote controls are charged at $110.
FURNITURE must note be moved from its original position to avoid damage.
LOSS – the owners take no responsibility for your or your guests’ or invitees’ personal property during your stay or items left at properties on departure. It is recommended that all guests and visitors purchase travel insurance to protect against loss of belongings, cancellations, injury and death.
Property managers will endeavour to describe the property and its position to the best of their ability and in good faith. We do not take any responsibility for incorrect descriptions or omissions and will not be held liable should the property not match your expectations.
Two cars only are allowed per property and parking is permitted only in allocated parking bays. Please do not park on the nature strips.
A full book of instructions is supplied in each property detailing how all the appliances work etc. If you require a member of staff to assist with any problem during your stay a $100 attendance fee may be incurred if the problem is not a fault in appliances or utilities etc.
GARDENS, POOL AND MAINTENANCE
Our gardening and maintenance staff may require access to the gardens and property during your stay, we ensure these visits are kept to a minimum but are sometimes unavoidable to ensure the high maintenance of the property. Should maintenance need to enter the property we will endeavour to give you as much notice as possible.
Ocean Blue Coastal Retreats is strictly NO SMOKING indoors. Guests found smoking will be asked to leave and all additional cleaning and deodorizing costs will be charged. Any damage caused by smoking will also result in extra charges.
POOLS AND SPAS
- Settings for any pool or spa are automated and any guest who tampers with the pool settings will lose their bond. In addition, please be mindful of Condition 7 above and we therefore ask you not to use the pool after 10pm and before 8am as a courtesy to our neighbours.
- Should the pool be unusable for up to 24 hours due to routine maintenance, no compensation will be given. We endeavour to ensure that maintenance disruptions are kept to a minimum.
- Never allow the water level to drop below the filter box, this could cause irreparable damage (damage caused will be deducted from your security bond – heater replacement is up to $4000.00)
- Never put any bubble bath, detergent, oils or dyes in the swimpsa as they stain the surface and clog the filters. The pool will be tested after you leave and any maintenance required will be deducted from your bond (average cost to drain and clean is $1000.00).
- Food or drink is NOT permitted in the pool. Glass is strictly prohibited as broken glass in the pool will require the pool to be drained and cleaned – $1000.00 fee)
- Never allow pets into the pool and keep pets away from the pool area. Pets in a pool are equivalent to a large number of people (30 – 40) being in a pool. It will immediately affect the chlorine levels and make the pool unsafe to swim in. The water will become cloudy and pool maintenance and cleaning supplies will be necessary to rebalance the level. The pool may then not be available to you or following guests during a period of time. Compensation to following guests is costly and all expenses will be deducted from your bond.
- CHILDREN MUST BE SUPERVISED AT ALL TIMES WHEN IN THE SPA AND POOL
Pets are only allowed where specific arrangements have been made prior to arrival. In those instances…
- Please bring your own bedding and bowls for your pets.
- Do not allow pets on bedding and furniture.
- Do not lock pets inside while you are out. We do not take responsibility for pets left in courtyards or fenced gardens, you must do so at your own risk.
- Constant barking and/or howling is not acceptable. Complaints from nearby residents and guests will be referred directly to the owners, including the matter of refunds due to early departures.
- Please check the courtyards and garden areas thoroughly before you leave and clean up any messes left by your pets. Failure to do so will mean you incurring additional charges.
- Large or small kennel available on request.
- Your pets are an extension of you. You will be charged for any damage at the property including damage done to plants, driveways, irrigation systems, hosepipes, outdoor furniture etc caused by your pets. Providing pet friendly property does not mean that your pets can cause damage and disruption to outdoor areas.
We understand not all pets are created equal so if you are unsure about any of the above conditions please talk to us first if you have any hesitations, we can advise you on the type of gardens at our properties to ensure your pet is safe and the owners property is respected.
Variations to these conditions may only be made by prior arrangements with the owner in writing.
CANCELLATION BY THE PROPERTY PROVIDER
In the event that the property is withdrawn by the property owner, Ocean Blue Coastal Retreats will endeavour to locate a property of equivalent specifications. However, should the alternative property be unavailable or unsuitable, the guest will receive a full refund.
PROBLEMS AND COMPLAINTS
In the event of a problem or complaint you must inform Ocean Blue Coastal Retreats immediately so management has the opportunity to rectify the situation as quickly and efficiently as possible within reasonable time. Failure to follow this procedure may hinder the ability to rectify the problem or complaint and will extinguish any claim for compensation.
By agreeing to these terms and conditions you acknowledge that if we are able to solve a problem within 24 hours then you are not due a refund.